top of page

Housing Assistance Payment

The Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) is a social housing support, operated by City and County Councils (Local Authorities), replacing rent supplement for those with a long term housing need.


Anyone who has been approved by Local Authorities for social housing support may be eligible for HAP.  If you qualify for HAP you must find your own private rented accommodation. The Local Authority will pay your landlord directly up to the applicable rent cap and you will make a rent contribution payment to the Council under the differential rents scheme based on your weekly household income.

For more detailed information you can contact us.

Contract Review
bottom of page