top of page

Employment Permits

In order to work in Ireland a non-EEA National, unless they are exempted, must hold a valid Employment Permit. An individual who meets certain criteria and who has a job offer and has signed employment contract may be eligible  to apply for employment permit. 

There are nine different type of employment permits that people can apply for depending on their circumstances. They are as follows:

  • Critical Skills Employment Permit

  • General Employment Permit

  • Intra-Company Transfer Employment Permit

  • Exchange Agreement Employment Permit    

  • Dependant/Partner/Spouse Employment Permit

  • Contract for Services Employment Permit

  • Sport & Cultural Employment Permit    

  • Reactivation Employment Permit

  • Internship Employment Permit

To apply for employment permit it must be submitted through Employment Permits Online System (EPOS) along with supporting documents. 

An application for any employment permit must be received at least 12 weeks before the proposed employment start date.

You must apply for and receive immigration permission to work in Ireland before you apply for a visa.

If you would like to find out more in detail, please contact us to set up a consultation appointment. 

Image by Adeolu Eletu
bottom of page